Jump to Main Content
- Ratanasumawong, Savitree, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2017 v.76 pp. 117-123
- acetic acid; chitosan; cohesion; color; gels; hardness; microstructure; noodles; pH; product quality; rice; rice flour; texture; water content
- ... The use of chitosan as a natural preservative has increased for rice-based products, but little is known about chitosan effects on product quality. This work elucidated chitosan effects on the physical properties (moisture content, pH, and color), texture, and microstructure of flat rice noodles. Chitosan solutions (0.33 and 0.50 g chitosan/100 mL acetic acid) were added to rice flour noodles. Chi ...
- Ratanasumawong, Savitree, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2015 v.64 no.2 pp. 1107-1113
- cooking; cooking quality; extensibility; hardness; magnetic resonance imaging; microstructure; noodles; rehydration; rice; rice flour; sodium chloride; starch; tensile strength; texture
- ... It is believed that salt can reduce the hardness and increase the elasticity of dried rice noodle. However, there is no scientific evidence on the role of salt on the quality of the dried rice noodle. This work aimed to investigate the effect of NaCl on the microstructure of dried rice noodle, water migration in rice noodle during cooking, and the texture of cooked rice noodle. The level of NaCl u ...