Jump to Main Content
- Angers, Paul, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2018 v.93 pp. 79-87
- Spinacia oleracea; bioactive compounds; byproducts; carbon dioxide; chlorophyll; dietary supplements; ethanol; experimental design; lutein; plant residues; response surface methodology; spinach; supercritical fluid extraction; temperature; value added; wastes
- ... Industrial vegetable wastes contain high amounts of valuable molecules and constitute a valuable source of bioactive compounds providing health benefits. Spinach (Spinacia oleracea), a green leafy vegetable, is known to its valuable phytochemical's content. However, its production yields about 25% of wastes that can be valorized for the production of value-added food supplements. This work focuses ...
- Angers, Paul, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2017 v.79 pp. 170-177
- byproducts; chlorophyll; ethanol; lutein; models; phytopharmaceuticals; raw materials; response surface methodology; solvents; spinach; wastes
- ... Industrial vegetables wastes contain valuable phytochemicals that can be used as a source of biomolecules. Spinach production yields about 25% of waste material that is high in lutein and in chlorophyll. A green extraction method, using ethanol and water as extraction solvents was developed in order to extract these phyto-compounds from spinach by-products. Response Surface Methodology was used to ...