Jump to Main Content
- Colli, Célia, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2014 v.59 no.2 pp. 1298-1303
- adiposity; atomic absorption spectrometry; blood serum; bone marrow; colorimetry; dietary fat; epididymis; erythropoiesis; hepcidin; high fat diet; homeostasis; immunoblotting; iron; lipotoxicity; liver; magnesium; males; obesity; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rats; spleen; weanlings
- ... Lipotoxicity and dietary inadequacies have been associated with dysregulation of Fe homeostasis in obesity. In this study, we tested the hypothesis that dietary Mg restriction in rats fed a high-fat diet affects Fe concentrations in liver and spleen, tissues related with Fe storage and recycling, respectively. Weanling male Wistar rats (n = 48) were fed either control (ad libitum or pair-fed) or h ...
- Colli, Célia, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2013 v.50 no.2 pp. 755-765
- European Union; dietary fiber; energy; food law; guavas; inulin; milk fat; nutrient content; nutrition labeling; whey protein concentrate; Brazil; United States
- ... Functional guava mousses were prepared with inulin (I) and whey protein concentrate (WPC), in different combinations, with the purpose of partially or totally substituting their milk fat (MF) content, using a simplex-centroid design. In order to verify the adequacy of mousses to comply the standards for the nutrient content and nutrient comparative claims, their composition and energy values were ...