Jump to Main Content
- Vettraino, A.M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Letters in applied microbiology 2012 v.55 no.5 pp. 390-396
- DNA; Phytophthora; Pythium vexans; internal transcribed spacers; invasive species; plant pathogens; risk; sequence analysis; wild plants
- ... AIMS: To evaluate the accuracy of pyrosequencing for the description of Phytophthora communities in terms of taxa identification and risk of assignment for false Molecular Operational Taxonomic Units (MOTUs). METHODS AND RESULTS: Pyrosequencing of Internal Transcribed Spacer 1 (ITS1) amplicons was used to describe the structure of a DNA mixture comprising eight Phytophthora spp. and Pythium vexans ...
- Vettraino, A.M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Letters in applied microbiology 2006 v.43 no.1 pp. 33-38
- DNA; Fagus sylvatica subsp. sylvatica; bark; branches; chemistry; culture media; decayed wood; forests; fungi; internal transcribed spacers; mountains; multigene family; oligonucleotides; phylogeny; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal RNA; shoots; Italy
- ... To develop a quantitative real-time PCR (Rt PCR) assay for the early detection of Biscogniauxia nummularia, a xylariaceous fungus that causes strip-canker and wood decay on European beech (Fagus sylvatica L.). The molecular assay was based on TaqManTM chemistry using species-specific primers and a fluorogenic probe designed on the ITS1 sequence of rRNA gene clusters. The specificity of the oligonu ...