Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Xuliang; Lyu, Jia; Ji, Alin; Zhang, Qi; Liao, Guodong
- Life sciences 2019 v.230 pp. 162-168
- Western blotting; apoptosis; bladder; carcinogenesis; catalytic activity; cell growth; chromatin; disease course; flow cytometry; gene expression regulation; methylation; precipitin tests; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; tissues; transfection; urinary bladder neoplasms
- ... Jumonji AT-rich interactive domain 2 (Jarid2) is an interacting component of PRC2 which catalyzes methylation of H3K27 (H3K27me3) and causes the downregulation of PTEN. In the present study, we aimed to explore whether Jarid2 could interact with H3K27me3 to regulate PTEN expression in bladder cancer.Jarid2 expression in bladder cancer tissues and cells were determined by western blotting and RT-PC ...
- Medina-Navarro, Rafael; Torres-Ramos, Yessica Dorin; Guzmán-Grenfell, Alberto Martin; Díaz-Flores, Margarita; León-Reyes, Guadalupe; Hicks G., Juan José
- Life sciences 2019 v.230 pp. 197-207
- Western blotting; albumins; apoptosis; cadherins; cathepsin B; cell viability; diabetic nephropathy; endoplasmic reticulum stress; enzyme activity; fibrosis; flow cytometry; humans; lysosomes; models; patients; proteolysis; toxicity; vimentin
- ... Increased amounts of protein, in particular albumin within renal tubular cells (TBCs), induce the expression of inflammatory and fibrogenic mediators, which are adverse prognostic factors in tubulointerstitial fibrosis and diabetic nephropathy (DN). We sought to assess the participation of the thiol-linked tertiary structure of albumin in the mechanism of protein toxicity in a model of TBCs.Cultur ...