Jump to Main Content
- Sun, Pengbo; Ye, Rui; Wang, Cuihong; Bai, Shuang; Zhao, Li
- Life sciences 2019 v.230 pp. 1-9
- Western blotting; bioinformatics; economic impact; gene expression regulation; immune response; immunoglobulin A; liquid chromatography; lungs; metabolism; patients; phenylalanine; proteome; proteomics; respiratory tract diseases; tandem mass spectrometry
- ... Acute exacerbation is a major event that alters the natural course of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and recurrent exacerbation results in worse clinical outcomes and greater economic consequences. While some patients suffer frequent exacerbations, others experience no exacerbations; this study was designed to detect proteins that were differentially abundant in COPD frequent exacer ...
- Medina-Navarro, Rafael; Torres-Ramos, Yessica Dorin; Guzmán-Grenfell, Alberto Martin; Díaz-Flores, Margarita; León-Reyes, Guadalupe; Hicks G., Juan José
- Life sciences 2019 v.230 pp. 197-207
- Western blotting; albumins; apoptosis; cadherins; cathepsin B; cell viability; diabetic nephropathy; endoplasmic reticulum stress; enzyme activity; fibrosis; flow cytometry; humans; lysosomes; models; patients; proteolysis; toxicity; vimentin
- ... Increased amounts of protein, in particular albumin within renal tubular cells (TBCs), induce the expression of inflammatory and fibrogenic mediators, which are adverse prognostic factors in tubulointerstitial fibrosis and diabetic nephropathy (DN). We sought to assess the participation of the thiol-linked tertiary structure of albumin in the mechanism of protein toxicity in a model of TBCs.Cultur ...