Jump to Main Content
- Cai, Yan; Lei, Ying; Chen, Jingguo; Cao, Lei; Yang, Xudong; Zhang, Kanghuai; Cao, Yongxiao
- Life sciences 2019 v.221 pp. 135-142
- indomethacin, etc ; agonists; asthma; atropine; bitterness; calcium; carbachol; cyclic AMP; enzyme immunoassays; epithelium; erythromycin; isoprenaline; ligands; mice; myocytes; ouabain; potassium channels; potassium chloride; serotonin; smooth muscle; taste receptors; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Bitter taste receptor (TAS2R) agonists have bronchodilatory potentials. Erythromycin is a ligand of TAS2R10, but its relaxant profile is unknown. This study was performed to understand the relaxant effects of erythromycin and its potential mechanism.Airway resistance was tested by the whole body plethysmography in the ovalbumin-aluminum hydroxide induced asthma model mice. Tracheal ring segment my ...
- Rofaeil, Remon R.; Gaber, Shereen S.
- Life sciences 2019 v.217 pp. 164-168
- indomethacin, etc ; Alzheimer disease; anti-inflammatory activity; glibenclamide; malondialdehyde; necrosis; neoplasms; nitric oxide synthase; nitrites; peptic ulcers; potassium channels; rats; superoxide dismutase; transcription factor NF-kappa B; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Memantine is a commonly used drug in treating Alzheimer disease. In the current work, we aimed to evaluate the gastro-protective effect of memantine in indomethacin-induced peptic ulcer in rats.Peptic ulcer induced by indomethacin and memantine administered either alone or in combination with glibenclamide or nitric oxide synthase (NOS) inhibitor. Ulcer index done and malondialdehyde (MDA), supero ...