Jump to Main Content
- Kim, Kyeong-Min; Jeon, Wan-Jin; Kim, Eun-Jung; Jang, Won-Gu
- Life sciences 2018 v.214 pp. 70-76
- Western blotting; alizarin; alkaline phosphatase; bone formation; cyclic AMP; extracellular matrix; gene overexpression; genes; gluconeogenesis; luciferase; messenger RNA; mineralization; mothers against decapentaplegic homolog proteins; osteoblasts; protein content; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; staining; transcription (genetics); tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... CREB (cAMP response element-binding protein)-regulated transcription coactivator (CRTC2) has been reported to act as a coactivator of CREB during gluconeogenesis. The role of CRTC2 in osteoblastic differentiation has not yet been elucidated. The aim of this study is to identify the mechanism of CRTC2 in osteoblast differentiation.The mRNA expression was determined by RT-PCR and qPCR. Protein level ...
- Söderhielm, Pella Cecilia; Klein, Anders Bue; Bomholtz, Sofia Hammami; Jensen, Anders A.
- Life sciences 2018 v.214 pp. 145-152
- gamma-aminobutyric acid; gene expression; genes; humans; messenger RNA; myocytes; myometrium; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; receptors; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; smooth muscle; women
- ... γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA) mediates its physiological effects through the GABAA and GABAB receptors. In this study the putative expression of GABAAR and GABABR subunits in human myometrium tissue was investigated.The expression levels of the 19 GABAAR subunits (α₁–α₆, β₁–β₃, γ₁–γ₃, δ, ε, π, θ, ρ₁–ρ₃) and the three GABABR subunits (GABAB₁ₐ, GABAB₁b, GABAB₂) were characterized by RT-qPCR analysis on ...