Jump to Main Content
- Söderhielm, Pella Cecilia; Klein, Anders Bue; Bomholtz, Sofia Hammami; Jensen, Anders A.
- Life sciences 2018 v.214 pp. 145-152
- gamma-aminobutyric acid; gene expression; genes; humans; messenger RNA; myocytes; myometrium; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; receptors; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; smooth muscle; women
- ... γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA) mediates its physiological effects through the GABAA and GABAB receptors. In this study the putative expression of GABAAR and GABABR subunits in human myometrium tissue was investigated.The expression levels of the 19 GABAAR subunits (α₁–α₆, β₁–β₃, γ₁–γ₃, δ, ε, π, θ, ρ₁–ρ₃) and the three GABABR subunits (GABAB₁ₐ, GABAB₁b, GABAB₂) were characterized by RT-qPCR analysis on ...
- Raghav, Pawan Kumar; Singh, Ajay Kumar; Gangenahalli, Gurudutta
- Life sciences 2018 v.214 pp. 84-97
- bone marrow transplant; cell proliferation; dephosphorylation; dimerization; enzyme activity; enzymes; gene expression; humans; messenger RNA; protein phosphorylation; signal transduction; stem cell factor; synergism; tyrosine
- ... The biological mechanisms underlying the effects of stem cell factor (SCF) and an inhibitor, NSC87877 (N) of the c-Kit negative regulator (SHP-1 and SHP-2) on cell proliferation are different. Therefore, we compared the cell's response to these two either alone or in combination in K562 cells. Binding of SCF (S) to c-Kit induces dimerization that activates its kinase activity. The activated c-Kit ...