Jump to Main Content
- Soheila Rahmani; Nazila Pour Khalili; Fazlullah Khan; Shokoufeh Hassani; Elmira Ghafour-Boroujerdi; Mohammad Abdollahi
- Life sciences 2018 v.214 pp. 136-144
- DNA methylation; adipocytes; animals; bisphenol A; demethylation; endocrine-disrupting chemicals; epigenetics; estrogenic properties; fatty liver; genes; glucose; histones; homeostasis; insulin; islets of Langerhans; lipids; liver; microRNA; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; obesity; pollution; skeletal muscle; toxicity
- ... Nowadays, endocrine disrupting chemical pollution has become one of the major concerns due to the potential role of these chemicals in provoking endocrine disorders especially type 2 diabetes. As a widespread endocrine disrupting chemical, Bisphenol A, with modest estrogenic activity can exert its detrimental effects in the different organs involved in type 2 diabetes such as pancreas, liver, adip ...
- Shen Tang; Cailing Lu; Laiming Mo; Xinhang Wang; Ziwei Liang; Fu Qin; Yinpin Liu; Yuyang Liu; Haiyan Huang; Yue Huang; Haiqing Cai; Deqiang Xiao; Songchao Guo; Yiqiang Ouyang; Bin Sun; Xiyi Li
- Life sciences 2018 v.213 pp. 166-173
- Western blotting; catalytic activity; cell lines; cysteine; cytoplasm; demethylation; fibroblasts; fluorescent antibody technique; humans; hydrogen peroxide; leucine; methylation; methyltransferases; oxidative stress; phosphoprotein phosphatase; physiological transport; protein phosphatase methylesterase-1; protein synthesis; proteins
- ... Protein phosphatase methylesterase-1 (PME-1) is a serine hydrolase that catalyzes protein phosphatase 2A (PP2A) demethylation and negatively regulates its activity. PME-1 is compartmentalized within cells to precisely control the demethylation of PP2A. This study investigated the localization of PME-1 in human fibroblast cells (HDF) under oxidative stress.Alkaline demethylation and peptide competi ...