Jump to Main Content
- Vivarelli, Fabio; Canistro, Donatella; Franchi, Paola; Sapone, Andrea; Vornoli, Andrea; Della Croce, Clara; Longo, Vincenzo; Lucarini, Marco; Paolini, Moreno
- Life sciences 2016 v.145 pp. 166-173
- NAD (coenzyme); antioxidants; carcinogens; catalase; chemoprevention; cytochrome P-450; electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy; epigenetics; free radicals; homeostasis; humans; kidneys; liver; meta-analysis; metabolism; models; neoplasms; randomized clinical trials; rats; risk; tissues; vitamin E; xenobiotics
- ... A large meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials has seriously questioned chemoprevention based on vitamins including vitamin E (VE), and an increased risk for cancer among long-term users was actually seen. However, the mechanism underlying these findings still remain unknown. To clarify the mechanism, in an in vivo model we studied the putative disruption of redox homeostasis and the perturba ...
- Glorieux, Christophe; Sandoval, Juan Marcelo; Dejeans, Nicolas; Ameye, Geneviève; Poirel, Hélène Antoine; Verrax, Julien; Calderon, Pedro Buc
- Life sciences 2016 v.145 pp. 57-65
- NAD (coenzyme); antioxidants; biopsy; breast neoplasms; breasts; cell lines; cytotoxicity; drug resistance; drug therapy; drugs; enzymes; epithelium; gene dosage; genes; genomics; humans; immunoblotting; loci; menadione; models; neoplasm cells; transcriptomics
- ... Alterations in the expression of antioxidant enzymes are associated with changes in cancer cell sensitivity to chemotherapeutic drugs (menadione and β-lapachone). Mechanisms of acquisition of resistance to pro-oxidant drugs were investigated using a model of oxidative stress-resistant MCF-7 breast cancer cells (Resox cells).FISH experiments were performed in tumor biopsy and breast cancer cells to ...