Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Fali; Fu, Lu; Yang, Wei; Dong, Yuhui; Yang, Jing; Sun, Shoubin; Hou, Yuling
- Life sciences 2016 v.145 pp. 213-223
- Scutellaria baicalensis; adenosinetriphosphatase; animal models; aorta; apoptosis; calcium; calcium-calmodulin-dependent protein kinase; cardiac output; cardiomyocytes; cardioprotective effect; fibrosis; flavonoids; heart failure; herbal medicines; hypertrophy; isoproterenols; phosphorylation; proteins; rats; sarcoplasmic reticulum; sodium; therapeutics
- ... Baicalein is a widely used Chinese herbal medicine extracted from Labiatae plants Scutellaria baicalensis Georgi's dry root, which has multiple pharmacological activities. However, the precise mechanism of baicalein against myocardial remodeling remains poorly understood. The aim of our study was to investigate the underlying mechanism of baicalein treatment in rats model of heart failure (HF) and ...
- Rameshrad, Maryam; Babaei, Hossein; Azarmi, Yadollah; Fouladi, Daniel Fadaei
- Life sciences 2016 v.145 pp. 190-204
- angiogenesis; aorta; endothelium; in vitro studies; in vivo studies; models; myocytes; rats; signal transduction; smooth muscle; vasoconstriction; vasodilation
- ... Rat aorta assay provides a low cost and rapid platform, especially for preclinical in vivo models. The signaling pathways of the analog on the vessels could be evaluated separately on the endothelium or smooth muscle cells by rings of the rat aorta in vitro. The rat aorta is used for angiogenesis modeling to integrate the benefits of the both in vivo and in vitro models. These explain the importan ...