Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Jing; Wang, Guozhong; Gao, Chunjin; Shao, Guiqiang; Kang, Nan
- Life sciences 2013 v.93 no.25-26 pp. 1033-1038
- adults; correlation; edema; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; equations; gelatinase A; interleukin-6; oxygen; rats; spinal cord; therapeutics; vascular endothelial growth factors; water content
- ... AIMS: To evaluate the effects of hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) therapy on MMP-2 and MMP-9 expression and spinal cord edema after acute spinal cord injury (SCI). MAIN METHODS: Ninety-six healthy adult Sprague−Dawley rats were randomly divided into 4 groups: sham, sham+HBO, SCI, and SCI+HBO. Each group was subdivided into 4 subgroups of 6 rats each: 24h, 48h, 72h, and 5 d post-injury. The expression level ...
- Podolsky, Alexander T.; Sandweiss, Alexander; Hu, Jackie; Bilsky, Edward J.; Cain, Jim P.; Kumirov, Vlad K.; Lee, Yeon Sun; Hruby, Victor J.; Vardanyan, Ruben S.; Vanderah, Todd W.
- Life sciences 2013 v.93 no.25-26 pp. 1010-1016
- adults; adverse effects; agonists; antagonists; anti-inflammatory activity; binding capacity; enkephalin; fentanyl; mice; models; morphine; narcotics; nerve tissue; pain; rats; receptors; surgery; United States
- ... Approximately one third of the adult U.S. population suffers from some type of on-going, chronic pain annually, and many more will have some type of acute pain associated with trauma or surgery. First-line therapies for moderate to severe pain include prescriptions for common mu opioid receptor agonists such as morphine and its various derivatives. The epidemic use, misuse and diversion of prescri ...
- PubMed Central: