Jump to Main Content
- Mackenzie, Louise S.; Lione, Lisa
- Life sciences 2013 v.93 no.25-26 pp. 963-967
- agonists; clinical trials; diabetes; drugs; humans; in vitro studies; neoplasms; rodents; therapeutics; transcription factors
- ... Lipid mediators have complex effects on the cell; one of the key transcriptional factors that moderate proliferation and inflammatory effects is PPARβ/δ. Following highly successful clinical trials using the PPARβ/δ agonists GW501516 for treatment of diabetes, GSK announced that any further research would be discontinued due to preclinical trials in rodents which linked this drug to wide spread tu ...
- Podolsky, Alexander T.; Sandweiss, Alexander; Hu, Jackie; Bilsky, Edward J.; Cain, Jim P.; Kumirov, Vlad K.; Lee, Yeon Sun; Hruby, Victor J.; Vardanyan, Ruben S.; Vanderah, Todd W.
- Life sciences 2013 v.93 no.25-26 pp. 1010-1016
- adults; adverse effects; agonists; antagonists; anti-inflammatory activity; binding capacity; enkephalin; fentanyl; mice; models; morphine; narcotics; nerve tissue; pain; rats; receptors; surgery; United States
- ... Approximately one third of the adult U.S. population suffers from some type of on-going, chronic pain annually, and many more will have some type of acute pain associated with trauma or surgery. First-line therapies for moderate to severe pain include prescriptions for common mu opioid receptor agonists such as morphine and its various derivatives. The epidemic use, misuse and diversion of prescri ...
- PubMed Central: