Jump to Main Content
- Dejenie, Tadesse; Declerck, Steven A.J.; Asmelash, Tsehaye; Risch, Sarah; Mergeay, Joachim; De Bie, Tom; De Meester, Luc
- Limnologica 2012 v.42 no.2 pp. 137-143
- Daphnia; Diaphanosoma; altitude; biomass; community structure; dry season; fish; highlands; littoral zone; phytoplankton; seasonal variation; species diversity; surveys; water reservoirs; wet season; zooplankton; Ethiopia
- ... A field survey of zooplankton communities was carried out in 32 recently established tropical semi-arid reservoirs in the highlands of Northern Ethiopia with the aim to identify to what extent environmental factors determine species composition of the cladoceran community in such isolated and young reservoirs. To address seasonal variation, the survey was carried out both at the beginning and the ...
- Armendáriz, Laura; Ocón, Carolina; Rodrigues Capítulo, Alberto
- Limnologica 2012 v.42 no.2 pp. 118-126
- Enchytraeidae; Naididae; ammonium nitrogen; analysis of variance; aquatic plants; biomass; climate change; detritivores; environmental factors; eutrophication; fertilizers; freshwater; habitats; herbivores; indicator species; interspecific variation; monitoring; nitrate nitrogen; nutrient availability; nutrients; pollution load; reproduction; rivers; sediments; species diversity; streams; Argentina
- ... One of the possible consequences of climatic change for streams and rivers in the pampean region of South America is an increment in nutrient loads. To analyze this possible perturbation on a biological scale, the response of oligochaetes to an experimental eutrophication of the La Choza Stream, Argentina was studied. We proposed that the addition of nutrients could increase the abundance, biomass ...