Jump to Main Content
- Sudheep, Naga Mangala; Sridhar, Kandikere Ramaiah
- Limnologica 2012 v.42 no.2 pp. 87-94
- Hyphomycetes; baits; carbon; chromium; correlation; energy flow; freshwater; freshwater ecosystems; fungi; habitats; inoculum; iron; leaves; minerals; nickel; organic matter; pH; particulates; rivers; sediments; species diversity; spores; streams; surface water; Europe; India; North America
- ... The hyporheic zones constitute a major site of storage of organic matter and energy flow in freshwater ecosystems. To complement the studies carried out in North America and Europe, we evaluated the sediment quality and occurrence of aquatic hyphomycetes in coarse particulate organic matter (CPOM; ≥5mm) and fine particulate matter (FPM; ≤1mm) in three locations of Kaiga stream and eight locations ...
- Armendáriz, Laura; Ocón, Carolina; Rodrigues Capítulo, Alberto
- Limnologica 2012 v.42 no.2 pp. 118-126
- Enchytraeidae; Naididae; ammonium nitrogen; analysis of variance; aquatic plants; biomass; climate change; detritivores; environmental factors; eutrophication; fertilizers; freshwater; habitats; herbivores; indicator species; interspecific variation; monitoring; nitrate nitrogen; nutrient availability; nutrients; pollution load; reproduction; rivers; sediments; species diversity; streams; Argentina
- ... One of the possible consequences of climatic change for streams and rivers in the pampean region of South America is an increment in nutrient loads. To analyze this possible perturbation on a biological scale, the response of oligochaetes to an experimental eutrophication of the La Choza Stream, Argentina was studied. We proposed that the addition of nutrients could increase the abundance, biomass ...