Jump to Main Content
- Sudheep, Naga Mangala; Sridhar, Kandikere Ramaiah
- Limnologica 2012 v.42 no.2 pp. 87-94
- Hyphomycetes; baits; carbon; chromium; correlation; energy flow; freshwater; freshwater ecosystems; fungi; habitats; inoculum; iron; leaves; minerals; nickel; organic matter; pH; particulates; rivers; sediments; species diversity; spores; streams; surface water; Europe; India; North America
- ... The hyporheic zones constitute a major site of storage of organic matter and energy flow in freshwater ecosystems. To complement the studies carried out in North America and Europe, we evaluated the sediment quality and occurrence of aquatic hyphomycetes in coarse particulate organic matter (CPOM; ≥5mm) and fine particulate matter (FPM; ≤1mm) in three locations of Kaiga stream and eight locations ...
- Cheng, Lin; Lek, Sovan; Lek-Ang, Sithan; Li, Zhongjie
- Limnologica 2012 v.42 no.2 pp. 127-136
- Culter; Odontobutis; Rhinogobius; Rotifera; autumn; data collection; demersal fish; fish communities; fisheries; freshwater ecosystems; habitat destruction; habitats; humans; indicator species; lakes; macrophytes; models; phosphorus; pollution; prediction; regression analysis; seasonal variation; species diversity; spring; summer; surface area; water temperature; watersheds; winter; China; Yangtze River
- ... Habitat modifications induced by humans severely impact biotic components of freshwater ecosystems. In China, shallow lakes in the Yangtze River basin are facing severe habitat degradation induced by pollution, habitat losing, macrophytes disappearing and fishery activities. Effectively modeling the fish communities on the basis of biotic and abiotic environmental descriptors would be helpful to u ...