Jump to Main Content
- Sieńska, Justyna; Dunalska, Julita; Łopata, Michał; Parszuto, Katarzyna; Tandyrak, Renata
- Limnological review 2016 v.16 no.3 pp. 147-154
- boats; chlorophyll; eutrophication; lakes; landscapes; phosphorus; pollution; recreation; summer; surface water; tourism; tourists; traffic; turbidity; watersheds; Poland
- ... Lakes along with their surroundings are an attractive landscape component that play an important role in recreation and relaxation. In Poland, the Great Masurian Lakeland, visited by a million tourists every year, is considered to be the most attractive lake area. However, tourist pressure has several negative effects which cause degradation of the water environment. The aim of this study was to d ...
- Sikora, Magda; Cieśliński, Roman
- Limnological review 2016 v.16 no.3 pp. 155-164
- case studies; drainage; drainage channels; geographic information systems; habitats; hydrologic cycle; landscapes; lidar; models; peatlands; rivers; runoff; swamps; watersheds; woodlands; Poland
- ... The aim of this study is to reconstitute the changes in the local water cycle and plant habitats occurring in wetlands under anthropic influence. The selected area for the study in this paper is the swamp of Pobłockie Peatbog, located in the catchment area of the river Łeba in northern Poland. The fieldwork was performed in October of 2013. Using ArcMap the hydrographic network of the study area i ...