Jump to Main Content
- Gardner, H.W.; Weisleder, D.
- Lipids 1972 v.7 no.3 pp. 191
- linoleic acid; linolenic acid; oxidation; isomerization; isomers; hydroperoxides; chemical bonding; soybeans; lipoxygenase
- ... Hydroperoxides produced by oxidation of linoleic and linolenic acids with soybean lipoxygenase were analyzed by nuclear magnetic resonance. The isomerized double bond α,β to the hydro-peroxide group at carbon-13 was determined to be trans. The complete structures of the major products proved to be 13-hydroperoxy-cis-9, trans-11-octa-decadienoic acid from linoleic acid and 13-hydroperoxy-cis-9, tra ...
- Phillips, B.E.; Smith, C.R.
- Lipids 1972 v.7 no.3 pp. 215
- Polygalaceae; seed oils; polyunsaturated fatty acids; enzymatic hydrolysis; triacylglycerols; structure-activity relationships; stereochemistry
- ... In Monnina emarginata seed oil triglycerides, more than two-thirds of the S-coriolic (13 l-hydroxy-cis-9, trans-11-octadecadienoic) acid occurs in position 3 (relative to sn-glycerol). All but a trace of the remainder is in position 1. ...