Jump to Main Content
- Yang, H.S.; Xiong, X.; Li, J.Z.; Yin, Y.L.
- Livestock science 2016 v.190 pp. 141-146
- piglets, etc ; alkaline phosphatase; amino acid composition; blood serum; body weight; calcium; cecum; dietary supplements; digesta; females; ileum; immunoglobulin G; intestinal mucosa; males; short chain fatty acids; urea nitrogen; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... The present experiment was conducted to determine the effects of chito-oligosaccharide (COS) on intestinal mucosal amino acid profiles and alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activities, and serum biochemical variables in weaned piglets. A total of 24 piglets (BW=7.82±0.21kg) were weaned at 25 d of age and were blocked by body weight, sex, and litter and randomly assigned to one of two treatments consistin ...
- Hossain, M.M.; Park, J.W.; Kim, I.H.
- Livestock science 2016 v.183 pp. 84-91
- piglets, etc ; Escherichia coli; Lactobacillus; ammonia; antibiotics; biosynthesis; blood serum; body weight; diarrhea; digestibility; energy; erythrocytes; feed conversion; gas emissions; growth performance; hematocrit; heme; hemoglobin; insoluble fiber; lactulose; microorganisms; nitrogen; nonprotein amino acids; prebiotics; swine feeding; weaning; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... δ -Aminolevulinic acid (ALA) is a non-protein amino acid that plays a rate limiting role in the process of heme biosynthesis. Lactulose (LAC) is a kind of non-digestible oligosaccharides which has been shown to improve growth performance in weaning pigs through prebiotic actions. This study evaluated the efficacy of ALA, and LAC in weaned piglets. The study was conducted with one hundred seventy f ...