Jump to Main Content
- B. Renaville; E. Piasentier; N. Bacciu; A. Prandi
- Livestock science 2012 v.146 no.1 pp. 54-58
- backfat; carcass weight; estrogens; fat thickness; females; genes; genotype; ham; humans; industry; legs; longissimus muscle; males; prices; rodents; subcutaneous fat; swine
- ... More than 80% of Italy's pig production is used in the production of traditional dry cured ham. Dry cured ham production requires fresh legs with at least 15mm of fat coverage. For decades, Italian pigs have been selected for fatness, as legs constitute almost 60% of the commercial value of the animal. Lately, however, thigh prices have dropped, increasing the economic importance of the Longissimu ...
- Ye, L.Z.; Niu, B.Y.; Luo, L.F.; Shao, G.C.; Mei, S.Q.; Deng, C.Y.; Jiang, S.W.; Xiong, Y.Z.; Li, F.E.
- Livestock science 2009 v.125 no.1 pp. 80-83
- gilts; loci; animal proteins; oviducts; hormone receptors; estrogens; genotype; genes; genetic techniques and protocols; reproductive traits; progeny testing; animal genetics
- ... A method allowing simultaneous genotyping of two loci: pre-implantation protein 3 (prei3) and estrogen receptor (ESR) was presented. In multiplex PCR amplification, two amplicons were simultaneously produced a 294bp fragment of prei3 gene and a 121bp fragment of ESR gene and were then subjected to ''one-tube'' restriction enzyme digestion with MspI and PvuII. A total of 92 sows from the 4th dam li ...