Jump to Main Content
- Faria, Ricardo António Silva; Maiorano, Amanda Marchi; Correia, Luiz Eduardo Cruz dos Santos; Santana Jr, Mário Luiz; Silva, Josineudson Augusto II Vasconcelos
- Livestock science 2019
- threshold models, etc ; Bayesian theory; Quarter Horse; animal models; breeding programs; breeding value; cumulative distribution; genetic improvement; genetic trend; heritability; multivariate analysis; normal distribution; pedigree; phenotype; racehorses; races; racing performance; selection criteria; stallions; Brazil; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... The aim of this study was to evaluate racing performance in the Quarter Horse breed in Brazil using genetic parameter estimates, breeding values, and genetic trends for a differentiated trait, time class (TC), at four different distances. The speed records comprising races that occurred between 1981 and 2011 were obtained from hippodromes in the states of São Paulo, Ceará, Brasília, and Mato Gross ...
- Valente, T.S.; Albito, O.D.; Sant’Anna, A.C.; Carvalheiro, R.; Baldi, F.; Albuquerque, L.G.; da Costa, M.J.R. Paranhos
- Livestock science 2017 v.206 pp. 45-50
- threshold models, etc ; Bayesian theory; Nellore; animal age; animal models; antagonism; breeding programs; cows; flight; genetic correlation; genetic variation; heifers; heritability; linear models; longevity; phenotypic correlation; progeny; reproductive traits; residual effects; selection criteria; temperament; yearlings; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... The aim of this study was to estimate heritability for five temperament and two reproductive traits in Nellore cattle and to estimate genetic and phenotypic correlations among them. Temperament was evaluated using the movement (MOV), tension (TEN) and crush (CS) scores (measured with animals inside the squeeze chute) as well as the flight speed (FS) and temperament score (TS). Reproductive traits ...