Jump to Main Content
- Zuo, Xiaobing, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Macromolecules 2019 v.52 no.13 pp. 4934-4948
- cooling; crystal structure; crystallites; crystallization; differential scanning calorimetry; endothermy; heat; melting; polyethylenes; temperature; wide-angle X-ray scattering
- ... Rapidly melt-crystallized polyethylenes with acetal groups (−O–CH₂–O−) precisely spaced by 12, 18, 19, or 23 methylene backbone carbons exhibit two reorganizations and three melting endotherms on heating at relatively low heating rates. Real-time wide-angle X-ray diffraction (WAXD) experiments further confirm that these transitions are associated with a reorganization to a different crystalline st ...
- Zuo, Xiaobing, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Macromolecules 2016 v.49 no.7 pp. 2663-2670
- X-ray diffraction; foams; fractal dimensions; lysozyme; models; nitrogen; polymers; roughness; small-angle X-ray scattering; sorption; sorption isotherms; transmission electron microscopy
- ... Nanocasting is an emerging method to prepare organic polymers with regular, nanometer pores using inorganic templates. This report assesses the impact of imperfect template replication on the sorption properties of such polymer castings. Existing X-ray diffraction data show that substantial diffuse scattering exists in the small-angle region even though TEM images show near perfect lattices of uni ...