Jump to Main Content
- Jadab Kumar Biswas; Masaharu Motokawa
- Mammal study 2019 v.44 no.1 pp. 51-63
- Apodemus speciosus; allometry; discriminant analysis; females; males; mice; multivariate analysis; ontogeny; sexual dimorphism; skull; standard deviation
- ... Static skull morphological variation in the large Japanese field mouse (Apodemus speciosus) was analyzed using different indices of variability. Multivariate analysis of variance revealed sexual dimorphism in cranium and mandible sizes, among a total of 89 skulls (45 males and 44 females). The coefficient of variation (CV), standard deviation (SD), and residuals of the standard deviation (RSD) wer ...
- Jun J. Sato; Daisuke Kyogoku; Taketo Komura; Chiaki Inamori; Kouhei Maeda; Yasunori Yamaguchi; Yuji Isagi
- Mammal study 2019 v.44 no.4 pp. 221-231
- Apodemus speciosus; DNA barcoding; Noctuidae; Quercus; Rosaceae; chloroplasts; cytochrome-c oxidase; diet study techniques; feces; food composition; introns; islands; mitochondria; moths; orchards; pests; rodents; temperate zones
- ... We assessed the dietary profile of the large Japanese wood mouse (Apodemus speciosus) inhabiting the islands of the Seto Inland Sea and adjacent areas by DNA metabarcoding analyses of feces with the chloroplast trnL (UAA) P6 loop intron region and the mitochondrial cytochrome c oxidase subunit I gene as DNA-barcoding markers. The results indicated that A. speciosus consumed a variety of food items ...