Jump to Main Content
- Bui Tuan Hai; Masaharu Motokawa; Shin-Ichiro Kawada; Alexei V. Abramov; Nguyen Truong Son
- Mammal study 2020 v.45 no.4 pp. 265-280
- Talpidae; allometry; altitude; geographical distribution; geographical isolation; moles; morphometry; skull; Vietnam
- ... The patterns of morphometric variation in skulls among different species and among intraspecies geographic populations, of five taxa (four species and one subspecies) of the mole genus Euroscaptor from Vietnam were investigated. Univariate and multivariate analyses were conducted based on 16 measurements of 140 specimens. Four groups based on skull size and shape were identified: 1. E. kuznetsovi ...
- Jadab Kumar Biswas; Masaharu Motokawa
- Mammal study 2019 v.44 no.1 pp. 51-63
- Apodemus speciosus; allometry; discriminant analysis; females; males; mice; multivariate analysis; ontogeny; sexual dimorphism; skull; standard deviation
- ... Static skull morphological variation in the large Japanese field mouse (Apodemus speciosus) was analyzed using different indices of variability. Multivariate analysis of variance revealed sexual dimorphism in cranium and mandible sizes, among a total of 89 skulls (45 males and 44 females). The coefficient of variation (CV), standard deviation (SD), and residuals of the standard deviation (RSD) wer ...