Jump to Main Content
- Barrull, Joan; Mate, Isabel; Casanovas, Jorge G.; Salicrú, Miquel; Gosàlbez, Joaquim
- Mammalia 2011 v.75 no.4 pp. 363-369
- Mediterranean climate; mammals; predation; predator control; protected species; sport hunting; Iberian Peninsula; Spain
- ... Predator control has frequently been applied in the management of private hunting areas in recent decades. This study analyzes capture records taken during predation control carried out in areas with hunting management, in a Mediterranean environment, in the northeast of the Iberian Peninsula between 1991 and 1999. Whether predator control complied with the law during this period is discussed, and ...
- Yi, Xianfeng; Yang, Yueqin; Zhang, Zhibin
- Mammalia 2011 v.75 no.4 pp. 321-326
- Pinus koraiensis; Tamias sibiricus; predation; rodents; seed dispersal; seeds; sowing; temperate forests; China
- ... Mast seeding is a common phenomenon in many plant species. It is widely believed to be an adaptive strategy for large-seeded plants to escape predation by small rodents. At population level, effects of mast seeding have been well investigated but studies at individual level are still rare. In this study, using semi-natural enclosures, we investigated the effects of seed availability (simulating ma ...