Jump to Main Content
- Bido, Adriane F.; Urbinati, Elisabeth C.; Makrakis, Maristela C.; Celestino, Leandro F.; Serra, Mônica; Makrakis, Sergio
- Marine & freshwater research 2018 v.69 no.12 pp. 1814-1821
- Prochilodus lineatus; adults; body weight; cortisol; dams (hydrology); females; fish; fish ladders; glucose; hematocrit; lactic acid; males; migratory behavior; rivers; Brazil
- ... This study investigated whether fish ladder transposition is a stressful event for the streaked prochilod, Prochilodus lineatus, in a dam on the Upper Paraná River, Brazil. Bodyweight, standard length and plasma concentrations of cortisol, glucose, lactate, chloride and haematocrit were measured in 48 adult fish (male and female) that were sampled downstream and upstream of the dam and on the fish ...
- Meulenbroek, Paul; Drexler, Silke; Nagel, Christoffer; Geistler, Michael; Waidbacher, Herwig
- Marine & freshwater research 2018 v.69 no.12 pp. 1857-1869
- Barbus barbus; Chondrostoma nasus; adults; biodiversity; eggs; endangered species; fauna; fish; habitats; indicator species; indigenous species; juveniles; larvae; rivers; spawning; watersheds
- ... Major sections of today’s rivers are man made and do not provide the essential requirements for riverine fish. A nature-like fish by-pass system in Vienna-Freudenau was assessed for its function as a fish habitat. The study was conducted continuously over 3 years; 15 years after construction of the by-pass. The chosen nature-like construction of the by-pass system functions like natural tributarie ...