Jump to Main Content
- Santos, Hersília A.; Duarte, Bernardo; Pinheiro, Abgail; Cruz, Deborah; Souza, Guilherme
- Marine & freshwater research 2018 v.69 no.12 pp. 1962-1973
- Pimelodus; Prochilodus; dynamic models; fish; fisheries; hydrodynamics; rivers; spillways; swimming; turbines; water power; Brazil
- ... Hydropower plant (HPP) operation may influence downstream flow regimes, which can affect the fish movement. In South America, tailrace fisheries are often killed or injured when interacting with spillways and turbines. Hydrodynamic flow-pattern studies are essential to facilitate mitigation. We developed a computational fluid dynamics model to investigate flow downstream of Três Marias HPP (Brazil ...
- Bido, Adriane F.; Urbinati, Elisabeth C.; Makrakis, Maristela C.; Celestino, Leandro F.; Serra, Mônica; Makrakis, Sergio
- Marine & freshwater research 2018 v.69 no.12 pp. 1814-1821
- Prochilodus lineatus; adults; body weight; cortisol; dams (hydrology); females; fish; fish ladders; glucose; hematocrit; lactic acid; males; migratory behavior; rivers; Brazil
- ... This study investigated whether fish ladder transposition is a stressful event for the streaked prochilod, Prochilodus lineatus, in a dam on the Upper Paraná River, Brazil. Bodyweight, standard length and plasma concentrations of cortisol, glucose, lactate, chloride and haematocrit were measured in 48 adult fish (male and female) that were sampled downstream and upstream of the dam and on the fish ...