Jump to Main Content
- Santos, Hersília A.; Duarte, Bernardo; Pinheiro, Abgail; Cruz, Deborah; Souza, Guilherme
- Marine & freshwater research 2018 v.69 no.12 pp. 1962-1973
- Pimelodus; Prochilodus; dynamic models; fish; fisheries; hydrodynamics; rivers; spillways; swimming; turbines; water power; Brazil
- ... Hydropower plant (HPP) operation may influence downstream flow regimes, which can affect the fish movement. In South America, tailrace fisheries are often killed or injured when interacting with spillways and turbines. Hydrodynamic flow-pattern studies are essential to facilitate mitigation. We developed a computational fluid dynamics model to investigate flow downstream of Três Marias HPP (Brazil ...
- Loures, Raquel Coelho; Pompeu, Paulo Santos
- Marine & freshwater research 2018 v.69 no.12 pp. 1983-1994
- basins; fish; habitats; herbivores; introduced species; inventories; lotic systems; migratory behavior; migratory species; monitoring; species richness; water power; watersheds; Brazil
- ... In reservoir cascades, effects on fish assemblages are expected to strengthen over time and transfer from one reservoir to an adjacent one. To test this, fish-assemblage data from 23 years of monitoring in the Araguari reservoir cascade system, upper Paraná River basin, were analysed. The results showed a clear reduction in richness of native and migratory fish species and an increase of non-nativ ...