Jump to Main Content
- Paul Meulenbroek; Silke Drexler; Christoffer Nagel; Michael Geistler; Herwig Waidbacher
- Marine & freshwater research 2018 v.69 no.12 pp. 1857-1869
- Barbus barbus; Chondrostoma nasus; adults; biodiversity; eggs; endangered species; fauna; fish; habitats; indicator species; indigenous species; juveniles; larvae; rivers; spawning; watersheds
- ... Major sections of today’s rivers are man made and do not provide the essential requirements for riverine fish. A nature-like fish by-pass system in Vienna-Freudenau was assessed for its function as a fish habitat. The study was conducted continuously over 3 years; 15 years after construction of the by-pass. The chosen nature-like construction of the by-pass system functions like natural tributarie ...
- Fernanda E. Possatto; Matt K. Broadhurst; Charles A. Gray; Henry L. Spach; Marcelo R. Lamour
- Marine & freshwater research 2017 v.68 no.4 pp. 703-717
- Aspistor; Cathorops spixii; Sphoeroides; Stellifer rastrifer; adults; anthropogenic activities; biodiversity; biomass; biosphere; conservation areas; estuaries; fish; forests; habitats; juveniles; resource management; salinity; surveys; temperature; temporal variation; Brazil
- ... Benthic trawl surveys were performed to quantify the spatiotemporal distributions of teleosts and key abiotic associations throughout an ecologically important estuary within Brazil’s Atlantic Forest biosphere. Approximately 52000 fish (51% juveniles) representing 75 species were sampled, with residents accounting for 36 and 61% of total species and individuals respectively. Five artisanally impor ...