Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Sixin
- Marine Biotechnology 2012 v.14 pp. 237
- Dicentrarchus labrax; Gasterosteus aculeatus; Morone saxatilis; Oreochromis; Sparus aurata; aquaculture; bream; chromosome mapping; chromosomes; fisheries; genes; genetic markers; genotype; linkage groups; marker-assisted selection; microsatellite repeats; screening; sequence homology; North America
- ... The striped bass (Morone saxatilis) and its relatives (genus Morone) are of great importance to fisheries and aquaculture in North America. As part of a collaborative effort to employ molecular genetics technologies in striped bass breeding programs, we previously developed nearly 500 microsatellite markers. The objectives of this study were to construct a microsatellite linkage map of striped bas ...
- Palti, Yniv; Genet, Carine; Gao, Guangtu; Hu, Yuqin; You, Frank M.; Boussaha, Mekki; Rexroad III, Caird E.; Luo, Ming-Cheng
- Marine Biotechnology 2012 v.14 pp. 343
- DNA fingerprinting; DNA libraries; Danio rerio; Gasterosteidae; Oncorhynchus mykiss; bacterial artificial chromosomes; chromosome mapping; clones; databases; fish; genome; libraries; linkage groups; microsatellite repeats; proteins; reading; sequence homology
- ... DNA fingerprints and end sequences from bacterial artificial chromosomes (BACs) from two new libraries were generated to improve the first generation integrated physical and genetic map of the rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) genome. The current version of the physical map is composed of 167,989 clones of which 158,670 are assembled into contigs and 9,319 are singletons. The number of contigs w ...