Jump to Main Content
- Furtado, Plínio S.; Gaona, Carlos A. P.; Serra, Fabiane P.; Poersch, Luis H.; Wasielesky, Wilson
- Marine and freshwater behaviour and physiology 2017 v.50 no.4 pp. 293-301
- dissolved carbon dioxide; transportation; acute toxicity; Litopenaeus vannamei; pH; fish; shrimp; lethal concentration 50; mortality; juveniles
- ... Elevated concentrations of dissolved carbon dioxide (CO₂) and reduced pH levels are observed during the culture and transportation of aquatic organisms. Studies on the toxicity effects of CO₂ in penaeid shrimp are scarce when compared to the amount of research in fish. The objective of the present study was to determine the lethal concentration and safety levels of CO₂ for juvenile white shrimp Li ...
- Maboloc, Elizaldy A.; Villanueva, Ronald D.
- Marine and freshwater behaviour and physiology 2017 v.50 no.4 pp. 273-284
- Cardiidae; Tridacna gigas; cell respiration; clams; coral reefs; juveniles; mortality; osmotic stress; photosynthesis; salinity; symbiosis
- ... Giant clams are in symbiotic relationship with the photosynthesizing zooxanthellae and dwell in the shallow coral reefs of the Indo-Pacific region where they may be exposed to fluctuating salinities during high levels of precipitation. This study evaluated the effects of reduced salinities (18, 25, and 35‰ as control) on the rates of photosynthesis and respiration in juvenile Tridacna gigas for 14 ...