Jump to Main Content
- Lubinevsky, Hadas; Hyams-Kaphzan, Orit; Almogi-Labin, Ahuva; Silverman, Jacob; Harlavan, Yehudit; Crouvi, Onn; Herut, Barak; Kanari, Mor; Tom, Moshe
- Marine biology 2017 v.164 no.2 pp. 36
- basins; biotopes; fauna; geometry; sediments; species diversity; Mediterranean Sea
- ... The present study sought to quantify the infauna and environmental characteristics of the deep SE Levantine Basin, Mediterranean Sea (33.4–31.7 N, 31.3–34.9E; 100–1900 m water depth). Box corer samples were collected at 50 sites in June–July 2013. The infauna (>250 μm) were enumerated and identified to the lowest possible taxonomic level (~37 % to the species level). Three faunal assemblages were ...
- Evangelisti, Francesca; Bellucci, Alessandra; Sabelli, Bruno; Albano, Paolo G.
- Marine biology 2017 v.164 no.2 pp. 34
- Gastropoda; basins; coasts; genetic variation; global change; habitats; haplotypes; littoral zone; mitochondria; population growth; population structure; taxonomy; Europe; Mediterranean Sea
- ... Distribution shifts of intertidal species have been thoroughly described for several organisms on the Atlantic coasts of Europe, but comparatively less work has been conducted in the Mediterranean Sea. However, such semi-enclosed basins react faster to global change. The periwinkle Echinolittorina punctata is a littorinid gastropod which has shown a remarkable range expansion during the last few d ...