Jump to Main Content
- Carpenter-Kling, Tegan; Handley, Jonathan M.; Green, David B.; Reisinger, Ryan R.; Makhado, Azwainewi B.; Crawford, Robert J. M.; Pistorius, Pierre A.
- Marine biology 2017 v.164 no.2 pp. 33
- breeding; chicks; energy; foraging; global positioning systems; penguins; roosting behavior; seabirds
- ... To help meet the high energy demands of raising the young, some seabirds alternate between short, frequent foraging trips to maximize food delivery to the young, and infrequent, long foraging trips that serve towards self-maintenance. Our study is the first to investigate the foraging behaviour of gentoo penguins at Marion Island, which we did through a combined use of GPS loggers and time-depth r ...
- Rees, ALan F.; Carreras, Carlos; Broderick, Annette C.; Margaritoulis, Dimitris; Stringell, Thomas B.; Godley, Brendan J.
- Marine biology 2017 v.164 no.2 pp. 30
- Caretta caretta; adults; breeding sites; females; foraging; habitats; hatching; males; mitochondrial DNA; nesting; satellites; sea turtles; sex ratio; telemetry; Cyprus; Greece; Libya; Turkey (country)
- ... Many marine megavertebrate taxa, including sea turtles, disperse widely from their hatching or birthing locations but display natal homing as adults. We used flipper tagging, satellite tracking and genetics to identify the origin of loggerhead turtles living in Amvrakikos Gulf, Greece. This location has been identified as hosting regionally important numbers of large-juvenile to adult sized turtle ...
- PubMed Central: