Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Di; Zhang, Quan Sheng; Yang, Xiao Qi
- Marine biology 2017 v.164 no.2 pp. 35
- Zostera; electron transfer; energy; fluorescence; oxygen evolving complex; photochemistry; seawater; temperature; thermal stress
- ... Seawater warming is emerging as a result of increasing global temperature. In this study, Zostera japonica (Ascherson and Graebner) collected from the intertidal zones of Changdao (37°N, 120°E) were used to investigate the responses of photosynthetic electron transport to thermal exposure in April 2016. As seawater temperature rose from 20 to 32 °C, increases of the relative variable fluorescence ...
- Guan, Wanchun; Li, Ping
- Marine biology 2017 v.164 no.2 pp. 31
- Karenia; absorbance; carotenoids; chlorophyll; correlation; nitrogen; photoinhibition; photophosphorylation; photosynthetically active radiation; photosystem II; phytoplankton; seawater; superoxide dismutase; ultraviolet radiation
- ... To investigate the effects of Nitrogen (N):phosphorus (P) ratio and solar ultraviolet radiation (UVR) on the growth and photophosphorylation of oceanic phytoplankton, the effects of UVR and N:P ratio on K. mikimotoi were evaluated. K. mikimotoi cells were cultured in artificial seawater (ASW) under five different N:P ratios (1:1, 16:1, 50:1, 100:1 and 200:1) for 15 days (phase 1: 1–5 day; phase 2: ...