Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Di; Zhang, Quan Sheng; Yang, Xiao Qi
- Marine biology 2017 v.164 no.2 pp. 35
- Zostera; electron transfer; energy; fluorescence; oxygen evolving complex; photochemistry; seawater; temperature; thermal stress
- ... Seawater warming is emerging as a result of increasing global temperature. In this study, Zostera japonica (Ascherson and Graebner) collected from the intertidal zones of Changdao (37°N, 120°E) were used to investigate the responses of photosynthetic electron transport to thermal exposure in April 2016. As seawater temperature rose from 20 to 32 °C, increases of the relative variable fluorescence ...
- Carpenter-Kling, Tegan; Handley, Jonathan M.; Green, David B.; Reisinger, Ryan R.; Makhado, Azwainewi B.; Crawford, Robert J. M.; Pistorius, Pierre A.
- Marine biology 2017 v.164 no.2 pp. 33
- breeding; chicks; energy; foraging; global positioning systems; penguins; roosting behavior; seabirds
- ... To help meet the high energy demands of raising the young, some seabirds alternate between short, frequent foraging trips to maximize food delivery to the young, and infrequent, long foraging trips that serve towards self-maintenance. Our study is the first to investigate the foraging behaviour of gentoo penguins at Marion Island, which we did through a combined use of GPS loggers and time-depth r ...