Jump to Main Content
- Fan, Zhaofei; Wu, Zhihao; Wang, Lijuan; Zou, Yuxia; Zhang, Peijun; You, Feng
- Marine biotechnology 2016 v.18 no.5 pp. 545-553
- Paralichthys olivaceus; aquaculture; breeding; complement; diploidy; energy; flounder; gene expression regulation; genes; gynogenesis; haploidy; immune system; signal transduction; survival rate; transcriptome; China; Japan; Korean Peninsula
- ... Olive flounder Paralichthys olivaceus is an important commercially cultured marine flatfish in China, Korea, and Japan. Gynogenesis, via meiogynogenesis and mitogynogenesis, shows advantages in breeding and sex control, but the low survival rate, especially for mitogynogenesis, limits its application. In this study, we sequenced the embryo transcriptomes of gynogenetic haploid, meiogynogenetic dip ...
- Dong, Linsong; Xiao, Shijun; Chen, Junwei; Wan, Liang; Wang, Zhiyong
- Marine biotechnology 2016 v.18 no.5 pp. 575-583
- Larimichthys crocea; body weight; genome; genotyping by sequencing; heritability; livestock; marine fish; marker-assisted selection; phenotype; prediction; single nucleotide polymorphism; China
- ... Genomic selection (GS) is an effective method to improve predictive accuracies of genetic values. However, high cost in genotyping will limit the application of this technology in some species. Therefore, it is necessary to find some methods to reduce the genotyping costs in genomic selection. Large yellow croaker is one of the most commercially important marine fish species in southeast China and ...