Jump to Main Content
- Złoch, Ilona; Hebel, Agnieszka; Mazur-Marzec, Hanna
- Marine environmental research 2018 v.140 pp. 61-68
- Nodularia spumigena, etc ; Neogobius melanostomus; biomarkers; catalase; enzyme activity; fish; gills; glutathione; glutathione transferase; hepatotoxicity; laboratory experimentation; liver; muscles; mussels; nitrogen fixation; nodularin; peroxidase; trophic levels; Baltic Sea; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Nodularia spumigena is a nitrogen-fixing filamentous cyanobacteria in the Baltic Sea. Nodularin (NOD), the hepatotoxic peptide produced by this cyanobacterium, accumulates in the organisms from different trophic levels. In this paper, the effects of N. spumigena cell extract on the round goby (Neogobius melanostomus) was investigated under laboratory conditions. This benthic fish species feed on m ...
- Lopes, Viviana R.; Ramos, Vitor; Martins, António; Sousa, Marcos; Welker, Martin; Antunes, Agostinho; Vasconcelos, Vítor M.
- Marine environmental research 2012 v.73 pp. 7-16
- Nodularia, etc ; Leptolyngbya; Microcoleus; Nostoc; Phormidium; Synechococcus; Synechocystis; estuaries; freshwater; genes; habitats; nucleotide sequences; phylogeny; ribosomal RNA; secondary metabolites; sequence analysis; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Cyanobacteria from estuarine habitats have been poorly studied regarding diversity and potential bioactive compounds production compared with their fresh and marine waters' congeners. In this work, 44 cyanobacteria isolates characterised from three Portuguese estuarine environments. Identification was performed based on diacritical morphological features of the isolates (e.g. cell shape, cell size ...