Jump to Main Content
- Jeong, Chang-Bum; Lee, Min Chul; Lee, Kyun-Woo; Seo, Jung Soo; Park, Heum Gi; Rhee, Jae-Sung; Lee, Jae-Seong
- Marine genomics 2015 v.24 pp. 319-327
- immune response, etc ; Copepoda; aquatic invertebrates; gene expression regulation; genes; immune system; immunomodulators; innate immunity; lipopolysaccharides; messenger RNA; nauplii; phylogeny; salinity; temperature; transcription (genetics); Show all 15 Subjects
- ... To date, knowledge of the immune system in aquatic invertebrates has been reported in only a few model organisms, even though all metazoans have an innate immune system. In particular, information on the copepod's immunity and the potential role of key genes in the innate immune systems is still unclear. In this study, we identified dorsal and dorsal-like genes in the cyclopoid copepod Paracyclopi ...
- Maldonado-Aguayo, W.; Lafarga-De la Cruz, F.; Gallardo-Escárate, C.
- Marine genomics 2015 v.19 pp. 65-73
- immune response, etc ; Mesodesma donacium; Vibrio anguillarum; action potentials; antioxidants; aquatic invertebrates; cDNA libraries; catalase; clams; complementary DNA; ferritin; filamin; genes; gills; immune system; innate immunity; microorganisms; muscles; oxidative stress; pathogenicity; pathogens; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; stress response; superoxide dismutase; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... The immune system in marine invertebrates is mediated through cellular and humoral components, which act together to address the action of potential pathogenic microorganisms. In bivalve mollusks biomolecules implicated in oxidative stress and recognition of pathogens have been involved in the innate immune response. To better understand the molecular basis of the immune response of surf clam Meso ...