Jump to Main Content
- Li, Lei; Jiang, Mei; Liu, Yong; Shen, Xinqiang
- Marine pollution bulletin 2019 v.141 pp. 514-520
- anthropogenic activities; aquatic environment; arsenic; cadmium; copper; estuaries; factor analysis; heavy metals; lead; mercury; pollutants; principal component analysis; sediments; shorelines; water pollution; zinc; China; Yangtze River
- ... A better understanding of the relationships between heavy metal pollution and sediment sources in different aquatic environments of estuary is needed. The purpose of this paper is to evaluate the levels and spatial distribution of heavy metals (Cu, Zn, Pb, Cd, Hg, and As) of surface sediments collected from 20 stations in the Yangtze River estuary from 2012 to 2016. The results showed that an over ...
- Rahman, M. Safiur; Hossain, M. Belal; Babu, S.M. Omar Faruque; Rahman, Moshiur; Ahmed, A.S. Shafiuddin; Jolly, Y.N.; Choudhury, T.R.; Begum, B.A.; Kabir, J.; Akter, S.
- Marine pollution bulletin 2019 v.141 pp. 137-146
- arsenic; bioaccumulation factor; chromium; copper; heavy metals; iron; lead; mangroves (trees); phytoremediation; risk factors; rubidium; sediments; strontium; water pollution; zinc; zirconium; Bangladesh
- ... Samples for sediment and two species of native mangrove plants were collected from seven sampling sites for assessing the level of metal contamination. Results of the studied metals displayed the order of pollution as Fe > Ti > Zr > Rb > Zn > Sr > Pb > Y > Cu > Cr > As accordingly. Geoaccumulation index and contamination factor revealed that the sediment samples were unpolluted to moderately pollu ...