Jump to Main Content
- Jung, Jun-Mo; Choi, Ki-Young; Chung, Chang-Soo; Kim, Chang-Joon; Kim, Suk Hyun
- Marine pollution bulletin 2019 v.141 pp. 227-235
- cadmium; chromium; copper; fractionation; lead; magnetic resonance imaging; nickel; risk; risk assessment; sediments; tannery waste; water pollution; zinc; Yellow Sea
- ... Sediments of Yellow Sea dumping sites (YSDS) collected in 2015 were analyzed using the European Community Bureau of Reference (BCR) sequential extraction method to assess the contamination and potential risk to the environment. Cr, Ni, Cu, and Zn exhibited the most dominant residual fraction, whereas Cd was mostly in the exchangeable fraction and Pb in the reducible fraction. Cr contains a signifi ...
- Li, Lei; Jiang, Mei; Liu, Yong; Shen, Xinqiang
- Marine pollution bulletin 2019 v.141 pp. 514-520
- anthropogenic activities; aquatic environment; arsenic; cadmium; copper; estuaries; factor analysis; heavy metals; lead; mercury; pollutants; principal component analysis; sediments; shorelines; water pollution; zinc; China; Yangtze River
- ... A better understanding of the relationships between heavy metal pollution and sediment sources in different aquatic environments of estuary is needed. The purpose of this paper is to evaluate the levels and spatial distribution of heavy metals (Cu, Zn, Pb, Cd, Hg, and As) of surface sediments collected from 20 stations in the Yangtze River estuary from 2012 to 2016. The results showed that an over ...