Jump to Main Content
- Figueira, Rubens Cesar Lopes, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Marine pollution bulletin 2018 v.127 pp. 548-552
- environmental quality; equations; heavy metals; sediments; water pollution; Brazil
- ... Although the Igeo is widely used in heavy metal contamination studies, its application differs in each study in terms of the mathematical equation used, the chosen background, and whether the fine fraction or whole sediment matrix is used. This study aims to assess these different methods, propose a new equation to calculate this index and use the index to evaluate the environmental quality of Bai ...
- Figueira, Rubens Cesar Lopes, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Marine pollution bulletin 2018 v.127 pp. 1-9
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization; coasts; conservation areas; copper; environmental impact; forests; geochemistry; lead; mining; sediments; water pollution; zinc; Brazil
- ... The Cananéia-Iguape system is located in a coastal region of southeastern Brazil, recognized by UNESCO as an Atlantic Forest Biosphere Reserve. This system has suffered substantial environmental impacts due to the opening of an artificial channel and by past intensive mining activities. In this paper was performed the sequential chemical extraction of Cu, Pb, and Zn, on previously described sedime ...