Jump to Main Content
- Deter, Julie; Lozupone, Xavier; Inacio, Adrien; Boissery, Pierre; Holon, Florian
- Marine pollution bulletin 2017 v.123 no.1-2 pp. 175-181
- Posidonia oceanica; boats; coasts; ecosystems; environmental impact; habitats; managers; marine protected areas; regrowth; seagrasses; shipping; water pollution
- ... Global shipping is economically important, but has many adverse environmental effects. Anchoring contributes greatly to this adverse impact, as it is responsible for mechanical disturbance of highly sensitive marine habitats. Recovery of these ecosystems is limited by slow regrowth. Anchoring pressure on coastal seabed habitats was estimated using AIS (Automatic Identification System) data along 1 ...
- Cau, Alessandro; Alvito, Andrea; Moccia, Davide; Canese, Simonepietro; Pusceddu, Antonio; Rita, Cannas; Angiolillo, Michela; Follesa, Maria C.
- Marine pollution bulletin 2017 v.123 no.1-2 pp. 357-364
- aquacultural and fisheries equipment; canyons; ecosystems; fisheries; habitats; surveys; water pollution
- ... By means of ROV surveys, we assessed the quantity, composition and bathymetric distribution of marine litter in 17 sites along the Sardinian continental margin (Central Western Mediterranean) at depths ranging from 100 to 480m. None of the investigated sites was litter free, but the mean density of litter (0.0175±0.0022itemsm−2) was lower than that reported from other Tyrrhenian regions. The diffe ...