Jump to Main Content
- Martins, César C., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Marine pollution bulletin 2015 v.100 no.1 pp. 438-444
- data collection; hydrocarbons; models; sediments; sewage; spatial variation; steroids; temporal variation; water pollution; Brazil
- ... We have assessed variation in brittle star distribution patterns along a contamination gradient identified by fecal steroids and aliphatic hydrocarbons in Paranaguá Bay, southern Brazil. A hierarchical design using multiple spatial scales (centimeters-kilometers) was applied. Generalized linear mixed models (GLMMs) were used to investigate the spatial and temporal variability of brittle stars. Mai ...
- Figueira, Rubens Cesar Lopes, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Marine pollution bulletin 2015 v.92 no.1-2 pp. 259-268
- alkanes; automobiles; cadmium; chromium; copper; estuaries; industrialization; lead; nickel; petroleum; runoff; sediments; traffic; urbanization; water pollution; zinc; Brazil
- ... Although the Passagem Channel estuary, Espírito Santo State, Brazil, is located in an urbanized and industrialized region, it has a large mangrove system. Here we examined natural and anthropogenic inputs that may influence trace metal (Cd, Cr, Cu, Ni, Sc, Pb and Zn) and hydrocarbon (n-alkane and terpane) deposition in three sediment cores collected in the tidal flat zone of the estuary. The cores ...