Jump to Main Content
- Xue, Liang, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Marine pollution bulletin 2019 v.138 pp. 125-134
- dissolved oxygen; eutrophication; hypoxia; organic matter; spatial variation; summer; temporal variation; water; water pollution; China; Yellow Sea
- ... Based on field observations in the summer of 2006 and long-term series data, this paper investigates the spatiotemporal variations of hypoxia and associated physical-biogeochemical driving mechanisms in the Bohai Sea (BS), China. Results show that the benthic hypoxic zone is mainly distributed in the “V”-shaped trough region in the western BS, and it tends to form two hypoxic centers which general ...
- Xue, Liang, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Marine pollution bulletin 2017 v.124 no.1 pp. 449-458
- aerobiosis; ammonium; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide production; cell respiration; coastal water; dissolved inorganic nitrogen; nitrification; nitrites; oxidation; oxygen; pH; water pollution; China
- ... Aerobic respiration and nitrification are important processes for dissolved inorganic nitrogen (DIN) composition change and CO2 production in human-perturbed coastal waters. On-site incubations and field investigations were conducted in the eastern Jiaozhou Bay, a high-urbanization region, from May to August 2014. Results show that aerobic respiration rates reached 15.58μmolO2L−1d−1, and NH4+ and ...