Jump to Main Content
- Petrolia, Daniel R.; Interis, Matthew G.; Hwang, Joonghyun
- Marine resource economics 2014 v.29 no.1 pp. 17-37
- confidence interval; ecosystem services; fisheries; government agencies; lifestyle; national surveys; politics; storms; wetlands; wildlife habitats; willingness to pay; Louisiana
- ... A nationwide survey was conducted to estimate welfare associated with large-scale wetland restoration in coastal Louisiana. Binary- and multinomial-choice survey instruments were administered via Knowledge Networks, using the latter to estimate willingness to pay (WTP) for increments in three ecosystem services: wildlife habitat provision, storm surge protection, and fisheries productivity. Result ...
- Ryan, Richard W.; Holland, Daniel S.; Herrera, Guillermo E.
- Marine resource economics 2014 v.29 no.1 pp. 39-53
- ecosystems; environmental impact; equations; fisheries law; fisheries management; food availability; habitats; harvesting; marine fish; marine fisheries; models
- ... The economics literature on fisheries has focused primarily on stock externalities and, to a lesser degree, on crowding externalities. Yet for many fisheries, harvesting activities may affect the underlying biological productivity of the fish stock by impacting the forage or habitat quantity or quality. We refer to this as an “ecosystem externality.” Ecosystem externalities may be positive as well ...