Jump to Main Content
- Han, Ge; Zhang, Lang; Li, Qixuan; Wang, Yan; Chen, Qian; Kong, Baohua
- Meat science 2020 v.162 pp. 108030
- 2-heptanone; altitude; drying; flavor; hexane; lipid peroxidation; lipolysis; monounsaturated fatty acids; octenol; physicochemical properties; polyunsaturated fatty acids; principal component analysis; saturated fatty acids; sensory evaluation; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; volatile compounds; yaks
- ... The impact of different altitudes on the physicochemical properties, lipolysis, lipid oxidation, volatile compound formation and sensory evaluation of traditional Tibetan dried yak jerky during natural drying was investigated. High altitude (HA) yak jerky showed higher percentages of unsaturated fatty acids and thiobarbituric acid reactive substances than low altitude (LA) yak jerky during natural ...
- Yang, Yayuan; Han, Ling; Yu, Qunli; Gao, Yongfang; Song, Rende; Zhao, Suonan
- Meat science 2020 v.162 pp. 108019
- altitude; bioinformatics; energy metabolism; enzymes; gene expression regulation; glycolysis; longissimus muscle; muscle protein; phosphoproteins; protein phosphorylation; protein synthesis; proteomics; yaks
- ... Yaks in high altitude regions display good adaptability to hypoxic environment. However, the mechanism involved in regulating muscle protein expression in hypoxic environment is not completely clear yet. To explore the mechanisms modulating postmortem alterations, quantitative phosphoproteomic analysis was performed on muscles of yaks raised at two different altitudes. The results indicated that 4 ...