Jump to Main Content
- Burri, Stina C.M.; Ekholm, Anders; Bleive, Uko; Püssa, Tõnu; Jensen, Martin; Hellström, Jarkko; Mäkinen, Sari; Korpinen, Risto; Mattila, Pirjo H.; Radenkovs, Vitalijs; Segliņa, Dalija; Håkansson, Åsa; Rumpunen, Kimmo; Tornberg, Eva
- Meat science 2020 v.162 pp. 108033
- Satureja hortensis; antioxidants; beets; ethanol; freeze drying; fruit juices; horticultural crops; leaves; linoleic acid; lipid peroxidation; model food systems; olives; oxidation; plant extracts; polyphenols; powders; processed meat; proteins; rhubarb; screening; spray drying; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; vegetable juices; wastewater
- ... A meat model system was used for screening lipid oxidation inhibiting capacity of diverse horticultural plant materials. In the model, heme-containing sarcoplasmic proteins from the meat water-phase were homogenized with linoleic acid and thiobarbituric reactive substances (TBARS) were measured. 23 Plant materials were investigated at three high (50, 100, and 200 ppm) concentrations and five plant ...
- Huang, Ling; Zeng, Xiaoqun; Sun, Zhen; Wu, Aijuan; He, Jun; Dang, Yali; Pan, Daodong
- Meat science 2020 v.162 pp. 108027
- Lactobacillus fermentum; Lactobacillus plantarum; Monascus; beets; color; cured meats; dyes; flavor; free fatty acids; linoleic acid; meat; nisin; nitrites; oleic acid; palmitic acid; plate count; stearic acid; storage time; virulent strains; volatile compounds
- ... This work provided a new no-added-nitrite cured meat and an innovative method for substituting nitrite with Lactobacillus fermentum RC4 and Lactobacillus plantarum B6 as starters, beet red and Monascus color as coloring agents, and nisin as antibiotic. Three groups of cured meat were prepared: a no-added-nitrite experimental group (EG), a control group to which only salt was added (CG-S) and a con ...