Jump to Main Content
- Al-Juhaimi, FahadY.; Babtain, Ibrahim A.; Mohamed Ahmed, Isam A.; Alsawmahi, Omer N.; Ghafoor, Kashif; Adiamo, Oladipupo Q.; Babiker, Elfadil E.
- Meat science 2020 v.162 pp. 108044
- Adansonia digitata; antimicrobial properties; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; bacteria; beef; chemical composition; lipids; oxidative stability; patties; phenolic compounds; seed extracts; sensory evaluation; sensory properties; shelf life; storage temperature
- ... The present study was conducted to evaluate the oxidative stability and the physicochemical, microbiological, and sensory properties of beef patties formulated with different concentrations (1%, 2%, and 3%) of baobab seed extract (BSE) during storage at 4 °C. The BSE contained a considerable number of phenolic compounds and exhibited antioxidant and antimicrobial activities (both on gram-positive ...
- Natalello, Antonio; Priolo, Alessandro; Valenti, Bernardo; Codini, Michela; Mattioli, Simona; Pauselli, Mariano; Puccio, Mario; Lanza, Massimiliano; Stergiadis, Sokratis; Luciano, Giuseppe
- Meat science 2020 v.162 pp. 108037
- antioxidant activity; byproducts; cooked foods; diet; grains; hydrophilicity; lamb meat; lambs; lipid peroxidation; lipophilicity; oxidative stability; polyunsaturated fatty acids; pomegranates; raw meat; storage time; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; vitamin E
- ... This study investigated the effect of including whole pomegranate by-product in lamb diet on meat oxidative stability. Seventeen lambs were assigned to two experimental treatments and fed a cereal-based concentrate (CON) or the same concentrate where 200 g/kg DM of cereals were replaced by whole pomegranate by-product (WPB). Meat from WPB-fed lambs had a greater concentration of vitamin E (α- and ...