Jump to Main Content
- Natalello, Antonio; Priolo, Alessandro; Valenti, Bernardo; Codini, Michela; Mattioli, Simona; Pauselli, Mariano; Puccio, Mario; Lanza, Massimiliano; Stergiadis, Sokratis; Luciano, Giuseppe
- Meat science 2020 v.162 pp. 108037
- antioxidant activity; byproducts; cooked foods; diet; grains; hydrophilicity; lamb meat; lambs; lipid peroxidation; lipophilicity; oxidative stability; polyunsaturated fatty acids; pomegranates; raw meat; storage time; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; vitamin E
- ... This study investigated the effect of including whole pomegranate by-product in lamb diet on meat oxidative stability. Seventeen lambs were assigned to two experimental treatments and fed a cereal-based concentrate (CON) or the same concentrate where 200 g/kg DM of cereals were replaced by whole pomegranate by-product (WPB). Meat from WPB-fed lambs had a greater concentration of vitamin E (α- and ...
- Solomando, Juan Carlos; Antequera, Teresa; Perez-Palacios, Trinidad
- Meat science 2020 v.162 pp. 108031
- cooking; cured meats; docosahexaenoic acid; eicosapentaenoic acid; fish oils; heat; lipid peroxidation; omega-3 fatty acids; oxidation; oxidative stability; proximate composition; refrigeration; sausages; temperature; viability
- ... This work evaluated the use of monolayered (Mo) and multilayered (Mu) fish oil microcapsules as vehicles of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) in cooked and dry-cured meat products as affected by the storage and culinary heating or dry-cured processing. Proximate composition, oxidation, EPA and DHA quantity, acceptability and morphology were evaluated. Mo and Mu microcapsul ...